What is a project?
- Definitions – academic, professional body definitions Why are they becoming important?
- Project Management as a competitive tool, role of projects in improving organizational performance What are the various types of projects?
- Construction, Production development, Software development, media and entertainment, research and innovation etc.
- Why projects are complex to manage?
- Triple constraints, organizational cultural issues,
- lack of knowledge about requirements, lack of skills and technology
- Role of professional bodies in developing project discipline
- Project Management certification, Professional bodies and membership
What are the differences between general organisational projects and research projects
- An introduction to funded research in business and management
- Role of funding bodies such as World Bank, World Health Organisations, IMF, European Commission, ESRC, Research Councils, Charity organisations such as Melinda Gates foundation etc.
- How are funded projects evaluated?
- Steps involved in evaluation of project proposals, team capabilities and monitoring and evaluation of projects, emerging project themes
- Risk management in research project:
- Risk Management techniques, identification and management of risks, development of risk register.
Phases, activities and milestones in a DBA project:
- Constraints in a research project
- Types of resources required to deliver the project PERT, GANTT tools and Critical Path Analysis
What is the typical journey of a DBA project?
- What is the role of supervisor in a DBA project? What are the potential challenges faced by the researcher while undertaking a DBA programme? Examine past DBA project stories and discuss the best practices.
To enroll The Level 8 Certified, the learner must possess:
- Graduated with a Master’s degree from an accredited university or achieved a Level 7 Diploma according to the European Qualifications
- For a degree from non-global accredited universities; The learner should have followed the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning for Qualifications (APEL.Q) policy of the London Academy of Sciences.
- Learners must be over 24 years old.
The London Academy of Sciences (LAS) reserves the highest decision-making power for admission whether to accept or not accept after a specific review of each candidate’s profile to ensure that they can comprehend and gain benefits when participating. For the fake university or diploma mills, Paris-U shall not be accepted.
If a learner is not from a predominantly English-speaking country, proof of English language proficiency must be provided.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent
- Or A minimum TOEFL score of 101 or IELTS 6.5; Reading and Writing must be at 6.5 or equivalent
After graduating from Level 8 Certified, students receive all certified documents from the London Academy of Sciences and also the Université Libérale de Paris.
- e-Certificate from the London Academy of Sciences
- Hard copy certificate from the London Academy of Sciences
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning for Qualifications (APELQ) certified from Paris-U for credit and tuition fee transfer
- Accreditation & Recognition certified from Paris-U
Because the program is accredited and recognized, students can easily use certified in the working environment and have many opportunities for career advancement. In addition, in case if you want to study for a university degree, students can convert all credits and the full tuition fee when participating in the program Paris-U.
The London Academy of Sciences’s Level 8 Certified means:
LAS UK Level 8 certification is the certified at the doctoral level and is equivalent to:
- Level 8 certificate of Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) of UK
- Level 11 certificate of Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)
- Level 8 certificate of Credit and Qualifications Framework (CQFW)
- Level 8 certificate of European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
- Level 10 certificates of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- Level 8 certificate of ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)
- Level 10 certificate of the African Continental Qualifications Framework (ACQF)
Students can convert all credits and the full tuition fee when participating in the Paris-U academic programs if they want to study for an academic degree.
Learners can accumulate 20 credits from the Level 8 Certified program when participating in the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) or phD of Paris-U. Please see the credit transfer policy HERE
Tuition fee transfer:
When participating in the DBA/PhD program, students who have graduated Level 8 Certified will receive a discount of 539 Pounds for each certified. Please see the tuition fee transfer HERE
The London Academy of Sciences (LAS) Certified program is not-for-profit, so the tuition fees are fully supported by LAS, Paris-U, and its partners. The London Academy of Sciences reserves the right not to accept more students if the number exceeds the quotas.
- To participate in LAS’s Short courses program, students need to meet the entry criteria corresponding to each level. Please see the “Entry” tab for more details.
- LAS will not accept applicants if their entry qualifications are from diploma mill universities or schools/universities that are not accredited.
- For Level 7 short courses programs, if an entry bachelor is unavailable, students must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the relevant field. Please note that a bachelor’s degree is required for the Master’s program of Paris-U so that you could study Level 7 certified but could not move to the Master’s program of Paris-U.
- English is not a mandatory entry requirement for short course programs, but candidates need to ensure that English is used in reading documents, listening to lectures, and doing assignments. Candidates should note that English is a mandatory requirement when switching to an academic program at Paris-U.
- Choose the program that suits your requirements. Note that applicants without a university degree will not be able to participate in the program at Level 7, and applicants without a Master’s degree will not be able to participate in the program at Level 8.
- Email your application to email@example.com with all the required documents. You could download the application form here.
- Our admission department will contact you and guide you through further processes if the registration documents need to be supplemented.
- The London Academy of Sciences will issue the Letter of Acceptant (LOA). You wil proceed to the next steps according to the instructions and pay tuition fee.
- The London Academy of Sciences will issue a student confirmation letter, login account to the e-learning system and related documents.
- You have become an official LAS student and enjoy your study journey.
The Short Courses Certified program is a fully online program. You can study anytime, anywhere. The final exam will be uploaded to the system and marked by the academic panel of LAS UK. Students must submit assignments on time. Otherwise, the student is considered not to continue the program.