Meaning and importance of leadership
- The definitions of leadership in range of the organisational contexts; leadership as a strategic competitive advantage; the relationship between management and leadership; characteristics of strategic leaders.
Approaches to the study of leadership
- The qualities or traits approach; the functional or group approach, including action-centered leadership; leadership as a behavioural category; styles of leadership; contingency theories; transitional or transformational leadership; inspirational or visionary leadership; authentic leadership.
Leadership in strategic management
- Leadership and strategy; vision, mission and values, stakeholder relationships, change and change management; levels of leadership; future thinking, storytelling and scenarios.
Work groups and teams
- Distinguish between groups, workgroups and teams; types and forms of teams: project teams, self-managed teams, virtual teams, and operational teams, etc.; group values and norms; formal groups, informal groups
Characteristics of an effective work group and team
- Factors contributing to group cohesiveness and performance, advantages and disadvantages; member compatibility, Belbin et al, team development and maturity; creative leadership and team development; inter-team conflict.
Organisation effectiveness and performance
- Distinguish between organisation efficiency and effectiveness; innovation, culture and creativity, excellence models, Peters and Waterman, McKinsey 7S, learning organisations.
- Coaching, empowerment and support, training and learning, knowledge management, succession planning and career progression, EFQM Excellence Model.
Strategic effectiveness and leadership
- EFQM Excellence Model; Balanced Scorecard, Strategy Maps.
Leadership power and influence
- Leadership and ethics; process of decision-making power and control; French and Raven sources of power, power involvement and compliance; strategic control, power, order and flexibility, delegation, trust and empowerment.
Ethics, values and corporate social responsibility
- Models of ethics, ethical decision making; value-based leadership; values and corporate social responsibility; the concept of corporate social value; codes of business conduct; UN global compact; ethical leadership.
Leadership and sustainability concepts and trends
- Concept of sustainability leadership, sustainability leadership model, leadership and sustainable development, leadership and the triple bottom line.
To enroll The Level 7 Certified, the learner must possess:
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or achieved a Level 6 Diploma according to the European Qualifications
- For a degree from non-recognized universities; The learner should have followed the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning for Qualifications policy of Paris-U.
- Learners must be over 21 years old.
The London Academy of Sciences (LAS) reserves the highest decision-making power for admission whether to accept or not accept after a specific review of each candidate’s profile to ensure that they can comprehend and gain benefits when participating. For the fake university or diploma mills, Paris-U shall not be accepted.
If a learner is not from a predominantly English-speaking country, proof of English language proficiency must be provided.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent
- Or A minimum TOEFL score of 101 or IELTS 6.5; Reading and Writing must be at 6.5 or equivalent
After graduating from Level 7 Certified, students receive all certified documents from the London Academy of Sciences and also the Université Libérale de Paris.
- e-Certificate from the London Academy of Sciences
- Hard copy certificate from the London Academy of Sciences
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning for Qualifications(APELQ) certified from Paris-U for credit and tuition fee transfer
- Accreditation & Recognition certified from Paris-U.
Because the program is accredited and recognized, students can easily use certified in the working environment and have many opportunities for career advancement. In addition, in case if you want to study for a university degree, students can convert all credits and the full tuition fee when participating in the program Paris-U.
The London Academy of Sciences’s Level 7 Certified means:
LAS UK Level 7 certification is the certified at the master level and is equivalent to:
- Level 7 certificate of Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) of UK
- Level 10 certificate of Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)
- Level 7 certificate of Credit and Qualifications Framework (CQFW)
- Level 7 certificate of European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
- Level 9 certificates of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- Level 7 certificate of ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)
- Level 9 certificate of the African Continental Qualifications Framework (ACQF)
Students can convert all credits and the full tuition fee when participating in the Paris-U academic programs if they want to study for an academic degree.
Learners can accumulate 20 credits from the Level 7 Certified program when participating in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Please see the credit transfer policy HERE
Tuition fee transfer:
When participating in the MBA program, students who have graduated 1 Level 7 Certified will receive a discount of 539 Pounds. Please see the tuition fee transfer HERE
The London Academy of Sciences (LAS) Certified program is not-for-profit, so the tuition fees are fully supported by LAS, Paris-U, and its partners. The London Academy of Sciences reserves the right not to accept more students if the number exceeds the quotas.
- To participate in LAS’s Short courses program, students need to meet the entry criteria corresponding to each level. Please see the “Entry” tab for more details.
- LAS will not accept applicants if their entry qualifications are from diploma mill universities or schools/universities that are not accredited.
- For Level 7 short courses programs, if an entry bachelor is unavailable, students must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the relevant field. Please note that a bachelor’s degree is required for the Master’s program of Paris-U so that you could study Level 7 certified but could not move to the Master’s program of Paris-U.
- English is not a mandatory entry requirement for short course programs, but candidates need to ensure that English is used in reading documents, listening to lectures, and doing assignments. Candidates should note that English is a mandatory requirement when switching to an academic program at Paris-U.
- Choose the program that suits your requirements. Note that applicants without a university degree will not be able to participate in the program at Level 7, and applicants without a Master’s degree will not be able to participate in the program at Level 8.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the required documents. You could download the application form here.
- Our admission department will contact you and guide you through further processes if the registration documents need to be supplemented.
- The London Academy of Sciences will issue the Letter of Acceptant (LOA). You wil proceed to the next steps according to the instructions and pay tuition fee.
- The London Academy of Sciences will issue a student confirmation letter, login account to the e-learning system and related documents.
- You have become an official LAS student and enjoy your study journey.
The Short Courses Certified program is a fully online program. You can study anytime, anywhere. The final exam will be uploaded to the system and marked by the academic panel of LAS UK. Students must submit assignments on time. Otherwise, the student is considered not to continue the program.