British Certified with
Full Accreditation & Recognition
All LAS short courses are endorsed and recognized by the Université Libérale de Paris. We are proud that our professional certification programs are not only widely accepted in the industry field but also could transfer credits and fees.
Recognition of our Short Courses in EU
The European Union (EU) Council adopted a Recommendation on a European approach to micro-credentials for lifelong learning and employability on 16 June 2022. The Recommendation aims to promote the creation, implementation, and recognition of micro-credentials across institutions, industries, and national borders. Micro-credentials validate the learning outcomes of the short courses and make them easily recognized all over the EU and could be transferred credits into the academic degrees.
All Short Courses Network programs comply with Recommendations on a European approach to micro-credentials for lifelong learning and employability and are creditable. This enables our Short Courses to be recognized and earn micro-credentials of partner universities while also being widely recognized throughout Europe universities.
‘Micro-credential’ means the record of the learning outcomes that a learner has acquired following a small volume of learning. These learning outcomes will have been assessed against transparent and clearly defined criteria. Learning experiences leading to micro- credentials are designed to provide the learner with specific knowledge, skills and competences that respond to societal, personal, cultural or labour market needs.
Micro-credentials are owned by the learner, can be shared and are portable. They may be stand–alone or combined into larger credentials. They are underpinned by quality assurance following agreed standards in the relevant sector or area of activity
In short, micro-credentials are short courses that you can earn an official credit for.
(Ref. 5a – Definitions – Council Recommendation on a European approach to micro-credentials for lifelong learning and employability)
All the programs of Short Courses Network (SCN) are Micro-credentials.
Students can transfer their credits and tuition fee when enrolling in a degree program at our partner university after graduation. In addition, since all LAS’s short courses are compatible with EU Recommendations and Standards, they can be recognized at European universities.
Our Short Courses is accredited by both the independent accreditation bodies of the London Academy of Sciences and our university partners.
Besides, our short courses programs is meet full the requirements of EU’s micro-credentials and:
- Annex IV of the European Qualifications Framework Recommendation.
- The Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area.
- The European Quality Assurance Reference Framework (the EQAVET Framework) in the field of vocational education and training.
- ISO 21001 – Management systems of Higher Education Institutions
Our short courses is a part of internal and external quality assurance. The quality of our short courses is the same as our accredited academic programs.
Our internal quality assurance covers all the following elements:
- the overall quality of the micro-credential itself, based on the standards referred to below;
- the quality of the course, where applicable, leading to the micro-credential;
- learners’ feedback on the learning experience leading to the micro-credential and;
- peers feedback, including other providers and stakeholders, on the learning experience leading to the micro-credential.
Our short courses with Micro-credentials are measurable (number of ECTS credits & UK credits), comparable and understandable (Level of qualification), with clear information on learning outcomes, workload, content, level, and the learning offer, as relevant.
Our short courses is a part of academic degree programs and updated with the current professional knowledge.
All our short courses have transparent criteria for assessment. These criteria are announced and guided in the short course syllabus.
Our short courses are clear learning pathways. Please read more HERE
Our short courses are designed for maximizing recognition in both the labor market and the universities.
Our short courses certified owned by our learners and may be stored in our UMS (University Management Systems) and shared easily.
Our short courses are designed to meet the needs of the target group of learners.
As European standard elements to describe micro-credentials are recommended as a resource to support the implementation, we put these elements to describe your micro-credential:
- Identification of the learner
- Title of the micro-credential
- Country(ies)/Region(s) of the issuer
- Awarding body(ies)
- Date of issuing
- Learning outcomes
- Notional workload needed to achieve the learning outcomes (in ECTS credits)
- Level of the learning experience leading to the micro-credential (EQF, RQF)
- Type of assessment
- Form of participation in the learning activity
- Type of quality assurance used to underpin the micro-credential
- Prerequisites needed to enrol in the learning activity
- Supervision and identity verification during assessment (unsupervised with no identity verification, supervised with no identity verification, supervised online, or onsite with identity verification)
- Grade achieved
- Integration/stackability options (stand-alone, independent micro-credential/integrated, stackable towards another credential)
The use of the European standard elements to describe micro-credentials does not, in itself, imply official validation or recognition, but is a key enabler for it.
Our certified could transfer all the credits and tuition fees when joining to the academic programs of the Université Libéral de Paris (Paris-U) and our university partners.
All the London Academy of Sciences certifications show the corresponding Level. These Levels can be converted to a Paris-U program and their university partners corresponding to:
- LAS Level 4 and 5 short courses could transfer credits to Diploma’s Programs.
- LAS Level 6 short courses could transfer credits to Bachelor’s Programs.
- LAS Level 7 short courses could transfer credits to Master’s Programs.
- LAS Level 8 short courses could transfer credits to Doctoral Programs.
Not automatic transfer:
Although complying with the European recommendations in micro-credentials regulation, this is only a necessary condition to be recognized and transfer credits to European universities. Universities have their own authority to assess and recognize credits from SCN and LAS. Please consult with the university you want to work with before studying our program.
The process of identifying, documenting, and evaluating prior experience connected to a study program is known as APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning).
APEL.Q (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning for Qualifications) is the award of academic qualifications to individual learners through the evaluation and assessment of prior experiential learning toward a fully accredited degree offered by the London Academy of Sciences’ university partners.
With the APEL.Q process, the learner could be recognized the experiences and get full accredited academic degree within 06 months with save over 95% tuition fees. Read more about APEL.Q HERE
After finish our short courses, you will get LAS certified with micro-credentials,
With this certification, you will eligible to apply to the APEL.Q process and get an academic degree within 06 months and save more than 95% tuition fees.
International Standards Board
International Standard Board is the joint committee between LAS and SIMI Swiss to develop industry standards for short courses and review credit transfers into SIMI’s Academic program.
What we offer
Learn – Recognized – Transfer
SHORT COURSES NETWORK
Recognition & Accreditation
Short Courses Network (SCN) is non-profit project of LAS UK in cooperation with SIMI Swiss. We are proud that our professional certification programs are fully accredited and could transfer credits and fees